Current nutritional surveys indicate that the vast majority of people are deficient in one or more essential minerals. Mineral deficiencies can have devastating effects on health, wellness, and quality of life.
This is the first full spectrum multi mineral that provides a complete spectrum of fully reacted amino acid chelates and complexes. No other formulation on the market today has ever combined such highly desirable attributes to provide the most highly bioavailable minerals that can be ingested. UltraMins(tm) contains the following mineral forms that research has shown to be associated with a plethora of attributes: Calcium, Magnesium, Zinc, Manganese, Iron, Copper, Selenium, Chromium, Vanadium, Molybdenum, Boron, and Cobalt.
There are several reasons that mineral deficiencies are widespread. Many people simply fail to ingest adequate amounts of minerals to meet minimum requirements. For example, a recent survey indicated that 74% of persons tested did not consume the minimum recommended amount of magnesium, one of the most common of the major mineral deficiencies. Worldwide public health assessment indicates that 2 billion people in the world are iron deficient, with a consequence of 1 million deaths per year. Regions of the world that have low selenium content in the soil have up to double the incidence of cancer and heart disease.
Perhaps the most common cause of mineral deficiencies in persons who think their ingestion is adequate is their use of poor quality inorganic minerals. Inorganic mineral salt forms include oxides, carbonates, sulfates, acetates, chlorides, phosphates, citrates, gluconates, and lactates. In order for these inorganic salts to be absorbed, there must first be sufficient stomach acid to split the salt into the free positively charged mineral ion. These positively charged ions can then bind irreversibly to dietary fiber, phytates, and tannins to form insoluble complexes that can't be absorbed. These ions can also bind to polyphenols to negate their antioxidant benefits or to medications to reduce their function.
The positively charged ions that remain antagonize each other for absorption. For example, just adding calcium salts to zinc salts reduced the zinc absorption by 70-80%. A study of subjects on a high fiber diet supplemented with copper, zinc, and magnesium salts showed that absorption did not overcome intestinal and urinary losses - the subjects were becoming increasingly deficient in the minerals being supplemented. Since the vast majority of mineral supplements in the market are inorganic salts, these products may give the illusion that the body is getting what it needs, while deficiencies can become greater and more serious.
An additional factor that compounds mineral deficiencies is accelerated mineral loss or the wasting of minerals. For example, stress increases the rate of loss of magnesium and zinc. Magnesium loss is also increased by alcohol, caffeine, and inorganic calcium supplements, and greatly increased by diuretic and cortisone medications. Exercise increases the excretion of magnesium and iron. Calcium and iron often bind to medications, increasing the intestinal loss of both the minerals and the medications. Calcium in particular may suffer a form of internal wasting. If magnesium is deficient, calcium may deposit in undesirable locations such as soft tissues, joints, and blood vessels, while the bones are starved of calcium.
Because of the need for stomach acid, mineral binding by dietary components and drugs, intense mineral antagonisms, and mineral wasting simply ingesting a certain number of milligrams of minerals is not enough to be certain of providing the body with the minerals required to sustain or improve health. Through extensive scientific research, a solution to the mineral absorption dilemma has been discovered. The solution is in the form the minerals are delivered, a form that overcomes the limitations of the typical inorganic salts.
During the natural digestive process, proteins are broken down into building block units known as amino acids. If certain amino acids come in contact with an ionized mineral, the amino acids can wrap around the mineral, as though the mineral were being grasped by the pincers of a crab. This neutralizes the charge of the mineral so it no longer binds to fiber or other dietary components. Charge neutrality also relieves the antagonism of other minerals. As the amino acids have active transport mechanisms to facilitate their absorption, the amino acids wrapped around the mineral package the mineral for highly efficient absorption.
Even after absorption, the amino acid packaging helps the minerals get into the cells for much improved mineral utilization. This packaging also makes the minerals safer, making toxicity or abnormal deposition much less likely.
A mineral with an amino acid wrapped around it is called an amino acid chelate. This term is derived from the Greek word for claw, or 'chela.'
Amino acid chelates are thus the safest and most efficient way to provide needed minerals to all the tissues of the body. Extensive research has shown that amino acid chelated minerals usually have 2-9 times the absorption level of inorganic salts. Even after absorption, utilization in the desired locations in tissue is often 2-3 times greater.
UltraMins is the first full spectrum multi mineral that provides a complete spectrum of fully reacted amino acid chelates and complexes with the following properties: Certification that the minerals are indeed true chelates with the full biological benefits of true chelates. Some companies only provide admixtures that they call chelates that lack the benefits of chelates
Minerals are provided in sufficient quantity to be of significant biological benefit
The mineral forms have been subjected to numerous scientific studies and shown to be far better absorbed and far safer than typical inorganic mineral salts
Absorption of these minerals is not reduced by food, other minerals, or medications
Vitamin D and Vitamin K are added to support optimum utilization of minerals
For those occasional minerals that form complexes rather than chelates, the optimum complexes are used that have been shown to have much greater bioavailability than inorganic salts
A highly advanced laser enhancement process is applied to improve the consistency of the form of the chelates for even greater bioavailabilit
No other product has ever combined all of these highly desirable attributes to provide the most highly bioavailable minerals that can be ingested
For general health maintenance, 3 UltraMins capsules twice daily
Capsules may be taken with food or on an empty stomach
For persons with known or suspected mineral deficiency of bone, up to double the usual amount may be taken
As many persons are magnesium deficient, it is prudent to take extra magnesium for 4-6 weeks, either 2-3 MagSpectrum or 4-6 MagCardio offering good replacement
Persons taking diuretic medications may have an ongoing need for greater magnesium and other minerals, and should consult with their practitioners for an individualized program
UltraMins contains the following mineral forms that research has shown to be associated with the listed attributes:
· The amino acid calcium chelate in UltraMins has been shown to have 44% bioavailability, much higher that the calcium carbonate, or limestone form, provided in coral calcium.
· Effective absorption of only 200-300mg of calcium per day has been shown to be effective in preventing osteoporosis
· Calcium is vital for the formation of strong bones and teeth, and healthy gums, nails, and skin
· Calcium can help lower cholesterol and reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease
· Calcium is essential in blood clotting and may help prevent cancer
· Calcium provides energy, improves alkalinity of tissues and body fluids, and may help lower blood pressure
· Numerous enzymes require calcium, including those that break down fats for utilization in the body
· Calcium maintains cell membrane permeability, protects the body from lead toxicity, and supports the function of the nerves and muscles
· The amino acid magnesium chelate in UltraMins has been shown to have 9 times better absorption than magnesium oxide and 4 times greater absorption than magnesium sulfate
· Magnesium participates as an essential cofactor in over 300 enzyme systems
· In a recent survey, 74% of persons were consuming less than the recommended daily allowance for magnesium
· Magnesium loss increases with alcohol, caffeine, refined sugar, dietary fiber, and inorganic calcium ingestion, unless in the amino acid chelated form
· Severe and even life threatening magnesium losses can result from diuretic medications
· Diarrhea and exercise also increase magnesium loss
· Estimates are that 90-95% of the population have some degree of magnesium deficiency
· A deficiency of magnesium with respect to calcium tends to cause muscles to remain contracted, which can result in muscle cramps, spasms, tremors, twitches, aches, and fatigue
· Magnesium deficiency has also been associated with insomnia, confusion, irritability, depression, chronic fatigue, and chronic pain
· Severe magnesium deficiency may result in arterial spasm, chest pain, and life threatening cardiac rhythm disturbances
· Magnesium may help prevent cardiovascular disease, osteoporosis, and certain forms of cancer
· Restoring magnesium levels helps prevent calcium deposition in soft tissue and arteries, and may have the profound anti-aging effect of helping to dissolve these deposits
· Magnesium combined with vitamin B6 can help to dissolve calcium phosphate kidney stones
· Magnesium is used to prevent premature labor and life threatening convulsions and vascular spasm if pre-eclampsia develops in late pregnancy
· Magnesium is needed in the enzyme systems that provide immediate, anaerobic, and endurance aerobic energy
· In a lab study of muscular endurance, control animals could swim for 10 minutes, those given inorganic magnesium salts could swim for 13 minutes, but those given amino acid chelated magnesium showed a marked increase in performance capacity to a remarkable 48 minutes of sustained swimming
· The amino acid zinc chelate in UltraMins has been shown to have over 3 times the absorption of zinc sulfate and 5 times the absorption of zinc oxide
· Zinc participates in over 80 enzyme and hormone functions, including many involved in gene expression
· The dietary intake of zinc in women from 20-49 was approximately half of the amount recommended
· Zinc is required for protein synthesis, wound healing, and the growth and maintenance of tissue
· Proper function of reproductive organs, especially the prostate, requires zinc
· Zinc is essential for optimum immune function
· Deficiency of zinc can reduce testosterone levels, sperm count, and lean body mass
· Zinc deficiency can also reduce the acuity of senses of smell and taste
· Zinc sulfate has shown a tendency to cause stomach erosions, whereas chelated zinc has not
· Providing zinc may improve wound healing, immune function, hair growth, sexual function, and prostate and reproductive organ health
· The amino acid manganese chelate in UltraMins has been shown to have approximately 4 times the absorption of manganese sulfate
· Manganese is required for the synthesis of bone and the formation of cartilage and lubricating synovial fluid
· Optimum release of thyroid hormone hinges on adequate manganese levels
· Manganese is needed for protein and fat metabolism, and healthy nerve, immune system, and reproductive function
· Deficiency of manganese may be associated with eye and ear problems, elevated blood pressure, irritability, tremors, cardiovascular disease, breast ailments, and pancreatic injury
· Manganese is required to produce the major antioxidant enzyme Superoxide Dismutase in the mitochondria to protect them from oxidative injury
· The chelated iron in UltraMins has been shown to be highly effective in relieving iron deficiency anemia at an intake of 18mg per day in contrast to requiring 325mg of ferrous sulfate per day
· Whereas ferrous sulfate often causes constipation and other GI side effects, chelated iron rarely causes such side effects
· The amino acid iron chelate in UltraMins was found to be extremely safe, such that even at a massive dose of 500mg per kilogram in animal studies, toxicity was not seen
· The amino acid chelated copper in UltraMins has been shown to have 6 times the absorption of copper carbonate and over 3 times the absorption of copper sulfate and copper oxide
· Copper is required with iron for the formation of hemoglobin
· Deficiency of copper can cause anemia, baldness, loss of hair color, generalized weakness, diarrhea, and skin sores
· As copper is essential to collagen, an early sign of copper deficiency is osteoporosis
· Providing bioavailable copper can increase collagen and elastic tissue production for improved health of bones, skin, and connective tissue
· Copper assists with the utilization of the amino acid tyrosine for the formation of pigment in the hair and skin that may restore color to hair
· Milligram for milligram, chelated copper has only one third the potential for toxicity as inorganic copper salts
· In studies of Superoxide Dismutase activity in heifers, inorganic copper reduced activity whereas amino acid chelated copper significantly increased activity
· Selenium in the form of amino acid complexes has significantly greater bioavailability and less toxicity than inorganic selenium, especially the typically provided inorganic selenates
· Persons who live in areas with selenium depleted soil have been found to have up to double the risk of cancer and heart disease
· Selenium's principal role, in conjunction with vitamin E, is to prevent the oxidation of fats in cell membranes, selenium an essential cofactor in the powerful antioxidant glutathione peroxidase
· Selenium deficiency has been associated with exhaustion, elevated cholesterol, infections, liver impairment, and sterility
· Supplementing selenium may help relieve prostate enlargement (with vitamin E and zinc) and protect the liver in cirrhosis
· The chelated chromium in UltraMins has been shown to have nearly double the absorption of chromium picolinate, a chromium form that has been popular
· Recent research indicates that the picolinate form may have poor utilization in tissues and may even pose a cancer risk
· Chromium has an important role in fighting stress, maintaining the immune system, and improving carbohydrate, fat, and muscle metabolism
· Supplementing chelated chromium in animal feed has reduced the stress hormone cortisol by 19-27%
· Chromium, also known as glucose tolerance factor, helps maintain stable blood glucose levels through proper insulin utilization
· The average American diet is chromium deficient, contributing to the epidemic of obesity, glucose intolerance, and diabetes
· Supplementing chromium has helped control cholesterol and blood glucose levels
· Chromium has also helped reduce body fat and increase lean muscle mass
· Other studies suggest chromium may also increase longevity and reduce the risk of osteoporosis
· Amino acid chelated vanadium is expected to have higher bioavailability and reduced toxicity compared to inorganic vanadium sulfate
· Vanadium is required for the formation of bones and teeth
· Vanadium has a role in growth and development, and can inhibit synthesis of cholesterol
· Molybdenum promotes normal cell function and is needed for nitrogen and nucleic acid metabolism
· Low intake is associated with mouth and gum disorders
· Deficiency may also be associated with development of impotence and increased risk of cancer
· Required in trace amounts for healthy bone formation
· Enhances brain function and promotes alertness
· Helps build muscle
· May help prevent estrogen deficiency osteoporosis
· Within 8 days of taking 3mg of boron daily, a test group of postmenopausal women lost 40% less calcium and 33% less magnesium through the kidneys than before supplementation
· This essential mineral is provided in optimum form in vitamin B12
· Cobalt is required for formation of red blood cells and the function of the central and peripheral nervous system
· Deficiency of cobalt can cause anemia, numbness and tingling of the extremities, personality and mood swings, and dementia that can be reversible with supplementation
· Parkinson's and multiple sclerosis have responded to cobalt administration
· The form of cobalt in UltraMins is methylcobalamin, the form that has been found to provide the greatest benefit to the function of the nervous system
All mineral supplements should be used with great caution and with physician guidance in the setting of impaired kidney function, as minerals could accumulate to toxic levels. Persons with significant cardiovascular, liver, or other major diseases, especially those taking diuretics, should also use minerals under physician guidance. Laser enhanced amino acid chelated minerals may be highly energizing and may need to be taken earlier in the day to avoid insomnia. If magnesium intake is excessive, loose stools can occur, which is relieved by reduction of intake. If any adverse reaction is suspected, stop the supplement and consult your health practitioner.